Resilience in uncertain times.
WHAT IT IS NOT:
- never getting stuck
- never doubting
- never fearing
- never messing up
- messing up and then self-loathing
- always knowing the next steps
- forging ahead no matter the cost
- just trying harder
WHAT IT IS:
- showing up as you are
- reaching out
- valuing rest
- practice for real life
- building skills that support you when things don’t go as planned
- getting familiar with feeling uncomfortable
- acceptance of self*
- feeling your feelings (and allowing them all the space they need)
- speaking up
- taking action even when you’re fearful
- realizing you’re going to mess up and that’s part of it
*very different than acceptance of status quo, which tells us all the ways we’re wrong and unworthy. Acceptance of self builds resilience because we see ourselves as we are, detached from the countless cultural stories that tell us we are less-than… and from that place of self-acceptance we can begin to reject those stories.
I am committed to working towards creating, cultivating, and holding space for the practice of building resilience.
I want more than anything for us to acknowledge that we are all developing, we are all unfinished, we are all emerging, and I want to be a part of and build a community that values that in-between place of becoming.
We spend so much of our time focused on our futures, our goals, our next steps, that it’s easy to forget…